- Air Quality
- Satellite data for assessment of trace gases' effects over large regions (Sentinel-5P, OMI, etc.)
- 2021 - current: PhD studies at the Faculty of Physics
Supervisor: dr hab. Iwona S. Stachlewska
- 2017: Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France, Atmospheric and climate sciences
- 2015: Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria, M.Sc. Atmospheric Physics
- 2009: Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria, B.Sc. Industrial Physics
- 2004: The Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Nigeria, Dip. Computer Science
Employment and professional experience
05.2021 - 09.2021. Researcher, Remote Sensing Laboratory, Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw.
02.2020 - 06.2021. Graduate Research Assistant, Aerosol Laboratory, Department of Optics and Quantum Electronics, University of Szeged, Hungary.
02.2018 - 01.2020. Lecturer in Physics, Eastern Palm University, Orlu, Nigeria.
• ICTP grant for participation at the European Research Course on Atmospheres (ERCA) at Grenoble, France. (2017)
• BBC Media Action, Award of Excellence. (2016)
• Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Scholarship. (2006 - 2009)
• National Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Student’s Merit Award. (2007 - 2009)
• Outstanding Scholar of Physics, Department of Physics, Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria. (2006)
Scholarships and scientific stays abroad
- NILU - Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Kjeller, Norway. 2022
- Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France. 2017
Participation in conferences, conventions, schools, courses
• Satellite Data Analysis and Machine Learning classification with QGIS (1&2).UN Open GIS Initiative/Politecnico Milano.2021.04.27 & 2021.05.11.
• Filtration Basics: Physics, Instrumentation and Applications. By TSI Inc. 2020.11.19
• E-cigarette Aerosol Characterization: Challenges and Methods. Organized by TSI Inc. 2020.07.08.
• The Article Publishing Process: An Elsevier Author Workshop. Delivered by Elsevier Research Academy on Campus.2020.06.01.
• The Book Publishing Process: An Elsevier Author Workshop. Delivered by Elsevier Research Academy on Campus.2020.06.03.
• Introduction to the TSI Model 3095 Engine Exhaust Particle Measurement System (EEPMS). Delivered by TSI Inc.2020.04.08.
Activities in scientific societies
- Member, EGU Early Career Scientists, Atmospheric Science Division.
- Member, Young Earth System Scientists (YESS) community.
- Ugboma, E.A., & Nwobi, F.N., 2017: Spatial distribution of NO2 concentration in Southeastern region of Nigeria., Academic Journal of Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 3 , pp. 1-7
- Anoruo, C. M., Chineke, T. C., Nwosu, I. E., Ewurum, N. B., Nwofor, O. K., Okoro, U. K., Emmanuel, A., Ugboma, E., Orji, P.O., & Okoro, E. C., 2016: Radiative Forcing: Miscreants, Climate Change and Adaptive Measures in Nigeria., IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 8 , pp. 81-86
- Chineke C., Nwachukwu R., Nwofor O., Ugboma E., Ndukwu O., 2015: Much ado about little: Renewable energy and policy, Journal of International Scientific publications, vol. 9 , pp. 123-131
- Chineke C., Ugboma E., Nwachukwu R., Okoro U., Ndukwu O.,, 2012: Culprits, climate change and coping strategies in Africa., Journal of International Scientific Publications, vol. 9 , pp. 132 – 141
- Njoku, V.O. & Ugboma, E.A, 2006: Computer Technology: A Beginner’s guide, Supreme Publishers Nigeria, vol. 1
Research & Development Project
Technical assistance for Polish Radar and Lidar Mobile Observation System (POLIMOS)
Source of financing: ESA-ESTEC, .
Realisation period: April 10, 2017–Sept. 30, 2022
Generation and characterisation of carbonaceous aerosols using Multiwavelength Photoacoustic System (MUWAPAS)
Role: Task leader
Realisation period: April 25, 2016–June 30, 2021
POLIMOS Campaign: Krakow SMOG 2022
Role: Project leader
Source of financing: ESA-ESTEC, .
Realisation period: Jan. 10, 2022–Jan. 31, 2022