The cloud-modeling group at the Institute of Geophysics invites applications for a PhD student position. The successful candidate will work on the project entitled Turbulent dynamics and microphysics in a Stochastic Lagrangian Cloud Model funded by the Polish National Science Centre. The project investigates by numerical simulations the role of turbulence in the microphysical processes that shape the droplet spectrum in convective clouds. The candidate should be ready to start on October 1, 2019.
- 4500 PLN (about 1000 EUR) per month net scholarship funded by the National Science Centre in addition to a scholarship that can be awarded to the best applicants for PhD program at the University of Warsaw (see Applications)
- collaboration with partners from USA and Japan
- opportunity to travel to international conferences and summer schools
- MSc in Physics, Engineering, or related ﬁelds (MSc degree must be obtained no later than September 2019)
- knowledge of Linux OS and a programming language (C++, FORTRAN or Python)
- good command of written and spoken English
- experience in numerical modeling of physical processes will be advantageous
Applications, consisting of a CV, cover letter, diplomas, and contact information of two references should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 June 2019.
The candidate is required to be enrolled in one of the Doctoral Schools of Exact and Natural Sciences at the University of Warsaw (registration from 23 May 2019 to 21 June 2019). We encourage candidates to apply for the Physical Sciences or Earth and Environmental Sciences Doctoral School. Candidates will be informed about the outcome of the procedure not later than on 16 July 2019.
Originally published on - June 4, 2019, 1:50 p.m.
Last update on - June 4, 2019, 1:50 p.m.