Faculty of Physics University of Warsawin the framework of SONATA 14 project:“Electrically tuned optical phenomena in metal-oxide-semiconductor multilayer metamaterial”
one 24-month master student grant
The main goal of the project is to elucidate how the process of electrically controlled formation of carrieraccumulation layers on ITO-oxide interfaces affects the linear and nonlinear optical properties of themetal-oxide-semiconductor multilayer metamaterial. Realization of theproject aims at the first theoreticaland experimental demonstration of electrically tuneable multilayer metamaterial, which unique opticalproperties like e.g.: spatial and temporal frequency filtering, hyperbolic dispersion, superresolvingimaging, perfect absorption or enhanced
- good background on optics, photonics, solid state physics and skills in either numerical modeling of light propagation in nanostructures or physical phenomena in semiconductors.
- well seen previous experience in fabrication and characterization of photonic nanostructures.
- the candidate should be a master student (student in second cycle) in Physics, Nanostructure Engineering or similar discipline
- recruitment follows the rules for awarding scholarships set out in the Regulations for the awarding of scholarships in research projects financed from the resources of the National Science Center (annex to the resolution of the NCN Council 96/2016 of 27 October 2016) https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2016/uchwala96_2016-zal1.pdf
- numerical investigations on free carrier drift-diffusion in the presence of electric field in multilayer structures
- numerical investigations on optical phenomena in the presence of accumulation layers in multilayer metamaterial
- numer of scholarships: 1
- scholarship: 1500 PLN per month
- duration: 24 months, from September 1, 2019
- submission deadline: August 19th, 2019
- In the case of students from outside the Republic of Poland, the scholarship does not cover the costs of tuition fees or removal costs.
- The candidate should provide the following documents by e-mailto the Secretariat IGF, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw e-mail: Sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl :
- Application for the position required together with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data -the information clause and the consent clause attached to the announcement. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- The acquired diploma(Bsc) and information about students career.
- Current CV and the list of publications
- Contact details of two persons who can provide information about the candidate.
- In case of foreigners outside of EU, EFTA and the countries that are signatories to the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region -a document certifying a diploma in the territory of the Republic of Poland (https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-academic-purposes/applying-for-admission-to-doctoral-studies).
The candidate, in case of being accepted, will be required to present the originals of all the documents.The entire procedure will be concluded before 23rd of August, 2019.The candidate might be asked for an interview with the recruitment commission. The candidate will be notified of the result of his/her application by e-mail.
Additional information about the project: dr Tomasz Stefaniuk, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. 225532022.
Originally published on - Aug. 1, 2019, 11:02 a.m.
Last update on - Aug. 2, 2019, 8:54 a.m.