Faculty of Physics University of Warsaw in the framework of NSC-Opus 14 project: “Superresolution hidden in the far-field and spatial-spectral transformations”
two 24-month PhD student grants
The project aims at the development of methods for superresolved imaging of nanostructures with the use of hyperbolic metamaterials and compressive imaging in the far field. The main research activities will be focused on development of new photonic nanostructures and algorithms for compressive microscopy with an indirect measurement in the far field as well as of experimental systems including the imaging spectrometer and the microscopic setup.
- recruitement follows the rules for awarding scholarships set out in the Regulations for the awarding of scholarships in research projects financed from the resources of the National Science Center (annex to the resolution of the NCN Council 96/2016 of 27 October 2016)
- at the time of the begining of the grant, the candidate has to be subscribed to PhD studies in physics, or may be preparing a master thesis in physics, nanostructure engineering or in a similar discipline with a short perspective to subscribe to PhD studies in physics
- good background on optics, and good knowledge of programming are required,
- well seen previous work on either electromagnetic modeling, or compressive sensing, or optical measurement techniques
- development and testing of compressive sensing and similar algorithms used in the experiment
- help in design the hyperbolic metamaterial structure
- software development for experimental setup, and interpretation of the experimental results
- numer of scholarships: 2
- duration: 24 months, planned to begin not later than on October 1, 2018
- submission deadline: August 15, 2018
- The candidate should provide the following documents by e-mail to the Secretariat IGF, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw e-mail:Sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl :
- Application for the position required together with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data: “I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of: carrying out a recruitment process at the University of Warsaw. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.” In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- The MSc diploma (or information on the planned date of the MSc exam)
- Current CV and the list of publications
The candidate, in case of being accepted, will be required to present the originals of all the documents.
The entire procedure will be concluded before September 1, 2018. The candidate might be asked for an interview with the recruitment commission. The candidate will be notified of the result of his/her application by e-mail.
Additional information about the project: dr hab. Rafał Kotyński, firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published on - June 19, 2018, 2:08 p.m.
Last update on - May 14, 2019, 9:55 a.m.