Key words: photonics, nanodiamonds, nonlinear optics, nanostructured optical fibers.
Number of positions: 2.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668 with further amendments).
for postdoc position
at University of Warsaw, Faculty of Physics
“QUantum-effect-based Nanosensing and imaging: Novel glass-diamond photonic approach for the next generation biodiagnostic Applications” – “QUNNA”
in scope of TEAM-NET program, operated by Foundation for Polish Science
within The Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014-2020 Priority IV
INCREASING THE SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH POTENTIAL
Measure 4.4: Increasing the human potential in the R&D sector
Project information: Project evolves around new photonic materials, components and systems based on implemented color centers or defects in the crystalline diamond, with specific magnetic and optical properties. It addresses societally significant areas, including highly sensitive cancer cell detection and nano-magnetic tagging of biological matter.
The Project is realized by a Consortium of 4 partners: Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (Consortium leader); Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science; Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics; and Institute of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine.
The Research team located at University of Warsaw shall work on developing of strategies, methods and technologies for combining various glassy platforms with nano-diamonds, with an aim to address challenges in progress of photonic biodiagnostics and nonlinearity engineered ultrafast optics devices.
Project Leader: prof. dr hab. inż. Ryszard Buczyński
- a PhD degree in discipline in general relevant to the agenda of the Project and specifically to the agenda of the Research team to be established at Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (ie. physics, electronics, materials science); only candidates who obtained their PhD degree not earlier than in 2014 shall be considered for this position;
- very good publication track record in areas related to the Project agenda,
- trained and knowledgeable in the design and experimental characterization of specialty optical fibers, specifically:
- proficient in use of numerical methods and tools for estimation of optical fiber linear and nonlinear optical properties,
- strong experimental skills in optical measurements of linear and nonlinear properties of specialty fibers (i.e. designing and building of experimental setups for interferometry techniques, autocorrelation, etc.),
- familiarity with experimental work with optical fibers and scientific apparatus operating at wavelengths from the visible to mid-infrared,
- hands-on experience in fabrication of specialty optical fibers.
Key responsibilities of postdoc team members within the Project at Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (two positions available)
- executing cutting-edge research in areas covered by the project agenda,
- dissemination of research results in form of major conference contributions and publications in Journal Citation Reports-listed scientific journals,
- assisting the Team leader in scientific supervision of PhD students on the Research team,
- assisting the Team Leader in seeking out and pursuing potential industrial collaborations,
- reporting to the Team Leader.
Conditions of employment:
- Duration of contract: maximum 41 months
- Position starts: 1st of February 2020
- Job status: Full-time
- Monthly salary: 10 000 PLN (full remuneration cost)
- Place of work: Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw
The candidate should provide the following documents:
- Application for the position (please use the PDF-format and the file should contain a scanned signature).
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ ). Please use the PDF-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Statement on reading and accepting the rules for job applications for a position of an academic teacher at the University of Warsaw (available on the website https://www.fuw.edu.pl/dokumenty-i-formularze.html ). Please use the PDF-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- CV of candidate,
- Research record, including list of publications and patents (patent applications will not be considered),
- Contact data to two (or more) senior researchers familiar with applicant’s research work, reference letters can also be attached to the application,
- Copy of PhD diploma or a formal confirmation of PhD degree.
The successful candidate shall be asked to submit original (hardcopy) versions of these documents upon employment.
The candidate should provide all documents to dr hab. Mariusz Klimczak, to an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with email title “QUNNA Postdoc UW”.
The entire procedure will be concluded before 10.01.2020. The candidate might be asked for an interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty.
Candidates, who receive information on negative assessment of their application, shall have the right to appel within 7 days of notification.
Candidates shall be informed about the outcome of the competition by e-mail.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
Originally published on - Dec. 2, 2019, 10:39 a.m.
Last update on - Dec. 2, 2019, 10:55 a.m.