Key words: geophysics, planetology, earth sciences.
Submission deadline: 20.05.2019.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668).
We seek a candidate for assistant professor (adjunct professor) to join the Lithosphere Physics Department at the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw.
We require from the candidates:
- scientific achievements documented by publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals, competences and experience in conducting research in the field of geophysics, planetology or physics,
- innovative research plans complementary to research conducted in the Lithosphere Physics Department,
- experience in obtaining external financial resources for research, experience in conducting classes and in popularizing science,
- international experience (preferred internship abroad, required visible activity on an international scale).
The candidate selected in the competition will:
- conduct complementary research to research conducted in the Litosphere Physics Department,
- teach classes at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw coupled with the post of assistant professor in the amount of 210 hours per year,
- show constant concern for raising the level of classes and care for linking didactics with the latest results of learning,
- be active in obtaining external financing for research,
- led the popularization of science and geophysical studies.
We offer position beginning October 1st, 2019 for a period of 33 months with possible indefinite extension (tenure track).
The candidate will be subject to regular periodic reviews. The preferred start of employment is October 1, 2019. The necessary condition for joining the competition is to have a doctoral degree in the field of geophysics, physics or earth sciences.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the Administrative Office of the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warszawa, room B4.41
e-mail: sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl including:
- Application for the position.
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ For the person applying for employment, p. 2).
- CV with contact data.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- List of research papers, including number of citations according to the Web of Science database and short description of three most important achievements.
- Detailed information on candidate’s scientific career, organizational and teaching experience.
- Research plan.
- Contact data to at least two scientists who can provide opinions on the candidate.
- Filled form available at http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ For the person applying for employment, p. 1.
The documents listed above as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 should be signed by the candidate.
The decision will be taken not later than June 29, 2019. The candidate may be asked for a qualification interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Physics. The candidates will be informed individually.
The candidates will be informed about the results of selection procedure by an e-mail.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
Originally published on - April 17, 2019, 2:10 p.m.
Last update on - May 14, 2019, 9:47 a.m.