Application deadline: 30.11.2020
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2020, item 85 with further amendments).
We seek a candidate for adjunct professor to join the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw.
We expect that the candidate will offer a research program in the field of geophysics in accordance to research agenda of at least one of scientific groups at the Institute.
Detailed information about group profiles and activities is available at www.igf.fuw.edu.pl/en/ .
Duties of the successful candidate will include 210 hours (per academic year) of teaching at the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (full time).
Scientific, teaching and organizational activities of the employee will be a subject of regular periodic evaluation.
The opening is tenure track, the period of the contract is 30 month with possible indefinite extension after evaluation.
We plan that the contract shall begin on Feb 1st 2021.
Necessary conditions required from applicants are:
- doctorate (PhD) in science or engineering or earth sciences,
- at least one year experience in science after doctorate,
- documented teaching experience;
- international experience (preferred internship abroad, required visible activity on an international scale).
In addition, from a successful candidate we expect:
- documented record of scientific publications and achievements valuable for one of the research groups,
- research plans accounting for research group agenda,
- activities in acquiring external funds for scientific research.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the Administrative Office of the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warszawa, room B4.41
e-mail: Sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl including:
- Application for the position. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- CV with contact data.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- List of research papers, including number of citations according to the Web of Science database and short description of three most important achievements.
- Detailed information on candidate’s scientific career, organizational and teaching experience.
- Research plan.
- Contact data to at least two scientists who can provide opinions on the candidate.
- Filled form available at at http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ For the person applying for employment, p. 1.
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/). In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Statement on reading and accepting the rules for job applications for a position of an academic teacher at the University of Warsaw (available on the website https://www.fuw.edu.pl/dokumenty-i-formularze.html ) In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
The successful candidate is obliged to deliver originals of all the above documents.
The decision will be taken not later than December, 30 2020. The candidate may be asked for a qualification interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Physics. The candidates will be informed individually.
The candidates will be informed about the results of selection procedure by an e-mail.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
Originally published on - Oct. 26, 2020, 8 a.m.
Last update on - Nov. 19, 2020, 10:06 a.m.
Publisher - Sekretariat IGF