The outline of the course is as follows:
1) Climate vs. weather. Climate system: components and parameters. Climate measurements and observations.
2) Energy balance of planet Earth. Solar constant, planetary albedo, greenhouse effect. Climate forcings and feedbacks.
3) Natural climate forcings and climate changes across geological history of the planet. Anthropocentric climate forcing and actual climate change.
4) Human fingerprints on climate: evidence.
5) Climate modeling: principles, verification, projections. Climate scenarios. Carbon budget.
6) IPCC assessment and special reports.