mgr Emmanuel Akinlabi
Sub-grid scale modeling of turbulent flows
Statistical analysis of turbulent flows
Large Eddy Simulation
- 2017 - 2018 Masters of Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland, Project title: Simulation of Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Flow with the Finite Pointset Method (FPM), Promotor: Prof. dr hab. Szymon Malinowski, ZFA, Wydział Fizyki, Uniwersytet Warszawski and Dr. Almut Eisentraeger, Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics ITWM, Germany
- 2015 - 2016 Masters in Mathematical Sciences, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Senegal,
- 2008 - 2014 Bachelor of Technology (Mathematics), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Nigeria.
- Research Assistant - Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland, March 2017 - February 2020
- Research Assistant - Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics, Germany. April 2016 - May 2016
Udział w konferencjach, zjazdach, szkołach, kursach (en)
- COMPLETE network training on Cloud turbulence and microphysics held at Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy, 19 - 22 June, 2017.
- Summer school participation "Flowing matter", coordinators: Bernhard Mehlig (University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden), Benjamin Dollet (Institut de Physique de Rennes, CNRS, University of Rennes, Rennes, France), CISM, eCOST, Udine, 25 -29 September 2017.
Emmanuel O. Akinlabi, Marta Wacławczyk, Juan-Pedro Mellado, Szymon P. Malinowski, Estimating turbulent kinetic energy dissipation rate and external intermittency from DNS of atmospheric stratified flows at European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2018, Vienna, Austria. 8th - 13th April, 2018. Presentation type: Poster presentation
- Spring School on Cloud dynamics and modeling held at Laboratoire de Meteorologie Dynamique Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France. 28th May - June 1st 2018. http://www.lmd.ens.fr/dandrea/springschool/
- Emmanuel O. Akinlabi, Marta Wacławczyk, Szymon P. Malinowski, Fractal and multifractal reconstruction of sub-grid scales in large eddy simulation of atmospheric turbulence, ERCOFTAC/SIG 42 - 13th Workshop on Synthetic Turbulence Models, 28th-29th June 2018, Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Gdańsk, Poland. Presentation type: Oral Presentation
- Summer school on Microphysics and Dynamics of clouds held at Umweltforschungsstation Schneefernerhaus, Mt. Zugspitze, Germany. 9th - 13th July, 2018. http://www.lfpn.ds.mpg.de/cloudschool18/program.html#mon
- Emmanuel O. Akinlabi, Marta Wacławczyk, Juan-Pedro Mellado, Szymon P. Malinowski, Estimating turbulent kinetic energy dissipation rate in atmospheric flows: a priori study, at iTi Conference on Turbulence 2018, September 5th – 7th, 2018, University Centre of Bertinoro. Presentation type: Poster presentation. https://www.fdy.tu-darmstadt.de/iti/home_3/home.en.jsp
- Emmanuel O. Akinlabi, Marta Wacławczyk, Szymon P. Malinowski, Fractal reconstruction of sub-grid scales in large eddy simulation of atmospheric turbulence at XXIII Fluid Mechanics Conference 2018, Zawiercie, 9-12 September, 2018. Presentation type: Oral Presentation
- CFD for Dispersed Multi-Phase Flows 2018 with Problem Shooting Session. 15th - 16th October, 2018 at Centre of Innovation and Technology Transfer Management of Warsaw University of Technology.
- COMPLETE network training on Cloud microphysics, Atmospheric radiosondes and LiDAR technology on 4th - 8th February 2019 at University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Workshop on New Challenges in Turbulence Research at École de Physique des Houches, April 7-12, 2019
- 3rd Summer School on Small-Scale Turbulence in Clouds at Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization Göttingen, Germany on June 24 – 28, 2019 http://www.lfpn.ds.mpg.de/cloudschool19/index.html
- Eleventh International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP11), Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton, UK
on 29th July - 2nd August 2019. Title: Fractal sub-grid scale model for
large eddy simulation of atmospheric turbulence: a priori test.
Presentation type: Oral.
Popularyzacja nauki (en)
"Physics of Clouds" at XXI Science Festival, Warszawa 2017
"Physics of Clouds" at XXII Science Festival, Warszawa 2018
Physics Without Frontiers: School in Atmospheric Physics, Nigeria 2019 (25th February - 1st March 2019). Sponsored by: International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP - Italy)
Praktyki zawodowe (en)
- Max Planck Institute for Meterology with Prof. Juan Pedro Mellado, 15th April - 13th May, 2018
- Imperial College London with Professor Christos Vassilicos, 23rd April - 19th May, 2019
COMPLETE - Cloud-MicroPhysics-Turbulence-Telemetry: An inter-multidisciplinary training network for enhancing the understanding and modeling of atmospheric clouds
Source of financing: EC, HORIZON 2020
Realisation period: June 1, 2016–May 31, 2020
- Akinlabi E.O., Wacławczyk M., Mellado J.P., and Malinowski S.P., 2019: Estimating Turbulence Kinetic Energy Dissipation Rates in the Numerically Simulated Stratocumulus Cloud-Top Mixing Layer: Evaluation of Different Methods, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 76(5) , pp. 1471–1488 , 10.1175/JAS-D-18-0146.1
- Akinlabi E.O., Wacławczyk M., Malinowski S.P., Mellado J.P., 2019: Fractal Reconstruction of Sub-Grid Scales for Large Eddy Simulation, Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, vol. 103(2) , pp. 293–322 , 10.1007/s10494-019-00030-2